Tuesday, March 17, 2009

#1: Blockbuster Video













Also known as "the worst video store on the planet earth," every Blockbuster(R) comes stocked with a slim selection of movies in general and a huge amount of utter crap movies.

Guaranteed in Stock! What Happens in Vegas!

Fantastic.

My revolt for Blockbuster(R) was official when, upon looking for videos to play at a disco DJ night, I went inside of one of these dinosaurs to find any movie related to disco music. Did they have Xanadu? Of course not. What about Studio 54? Negatory.

So I figured they must have Saturday Night Fever. One of the most iconic films of all time, one of the biggest, uh, blockbusters of all time. By some accounts, the greatest movie of all time.

Not in stock. Not even available to rent, mind you.

So goodbye, Blockbuster(R). As Netflix, On-Demand movies, teh interbutz and grocery store DVD vending machines take over your space in the backwater of culture, I do not know what will take over at the thousands of storefronts you have across America, but I know it won't be as bad as you.

5 comments:

  1. agreed, I hate blockbusters, I will not miss them, not even a little bit, like gum in my hair, I do not want nor need

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the idea for this blog ALL you got for selling your soul or did you get more??? seriously, great concept...Hollywood Video all the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once, I went to a Blockbuster to rent "Last Temptation of Christ". I couldn't find it. I asked a clerk if it was available. He said "No." I asked "Why?" He said, "Because we're a family store." I found a copy of "2069: A Sex Odyssey" and rented that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TrPwOrf4sM

    ReplyDelete